The Trauma Treatment Companion
Trauma does not have to be the end of the story. Whether it is trauma from military service, motor vehicle accident, sudden death of a loved one, displacement due to war, political unrest, or natural disaster trauma symptoms can highjack your thinking, emotions and your body. It can seem impossible to get back to normal life. The Trauma Treatment Companion points you to the way out. Combining modern neuroscience and research on cutting-edge therapies prove that recovery is possible.
The Trauma Treatment Companion integrates interpersonal neurobiology, attachment theory, and cognitive behavioural therapy to create a pathway out of the wilderness of trauma symptoms. It explains why depression may not be simple depression, but a consequence of trauma. It explains why anxiety may be more effectively treated as a consequence of trauma.
The Trauma Treatment Companion:
- explains what is happening inside you;
- assures you that you are not going crazy;
- teaches you many tools and strategies that you can use safely;
- provides links to free videos and meditations;
- most importantly points the way out of the nightmare of trauma symptoms.